Total Pageviews

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Thank you, Olympics!

I'm not watching the Olympics. I don't like sport and anyhow I'd be watching on the 18" TV in the bedroom because my big telly is in the shop and won't be back till the weekend at least. I'm also not watching Eggheads, Pointless, Doctors, Tipping Point or Countdown, most of which have been taken off because of the Olympics.

On the other hand, I've had a very productive day with the TV off: visit to the doc, trip to Killie to see a good photography exhibition, lunch in Newton Mearns, bit of shopping in M&S, back home to a seat outside where I read half a book and blethered with neighbours.

I've only heard the news on Radio 4 the last few days but even just listening to that I have learned that I do not give a rat's arse if somebody lost the keys for Wembley - apparently that's true - or if a Chinese athlete has been taking performance-enhancing drugs - now what a surprise that would be!

So my thanks to the Olympics - and here's to a great fortnight to come with the telly off!


No comments:

Post a Comment