Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 July 2012

And a happy birthday to you too!

I've decided I've had it with birthdays.

I celebrated my 60th and quite enjoyed my spa day with my pals, though in all honesty it was really my retirement 3 days later that had me shouting YEEESSS!!! from the rooftops.

My next birthday has a 6 followed by a 5 - and frankly I'd rather not bother. All it means is a pile of over-priced cards I'll put in the bin the next day. And I'd really like to avoid the 'What would you like for your birthday?' question that always comes up and is usually followed by: 'I don't know - there's nothing I need!' So let's just keep birthdays for the weans. Us adults can do lunch, dinner or a bevy or all three.

If I make it to 100, maybe then I'll think about celebrating though I'll probably be too gaga to notice.

Is it too early for bah humbug??

1 comment: