Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 October 2012

It's Asda for me!

There's no pleasure in clothes shopping if you're fat. Fat people can only expect to buy clothes in styles and colours nobody in their right mind would wear, usually badly made from synthetic materials, badly finished - and if you find something half decent it'll be two or three times the price everybody else has to pay.

Elvi were pricy but good quality and their shop at Newton Mearns shut long ago. Debenhams don't do large sizes. M&S say they do but they lie. New Look at Silverburn do but only cheap n cheerful clothes you know will be done within a few months. M&Co do too but they only sell dead posh stuff by some Danish designer whose tops retail at £32 quid each. Tesco only have Xmas party clothes.

My poor sister for weeks has had to listen to me saying: Honestly, would YOU wear that?!

Then on Saturday the saintly sister suggested we go to Asda in Govan. I walked into the changing room with 7 tops and went to the check-out with 4. I had a choice of styles and colours - and I wasn't paying any more than the rest of the human race. The Asda staff were friendly and helpful and I paid a total of £35. I came home feeling like prehistoric man dragging a wooly mammoth back to the cave. I will go again.In fact, I might even go online and order more stuff to be picked up in-store.
This is for our trip to the Falkirk Wheel on Tuesday.
 
This is for lunch with Diane (from Colonsay) in town on Wednesday at the Bistro Beaumartin.
This is for 'Medea' at the Citz with nephew Al on Friday. Can't show you the 4th top - I'm wearing it!
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I must have missed your rant about this or i could have enlightened you,,, never mind better late than never:-) I love the last one, very smart, Tesco do larger sizes but you might get a better choice online - I love Asda stuff, I've got one in Glenrothes, one in Kirkcaldy and a great big one in Dundee and if I'm looking for something for anything - they'll have a choice:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm delighted for you, but have to add that my Asda clothes experience wan't quite as positive. Last year I ordered some tops online and yes,they weren't expensive but I felt I could have spit peas through the material, so I'm sticking to sales at M & S (yes, I know they're the devil's spawn) and Landsend (really good quality but dear, so sales are the only time I ever buy from them).

    Did the scarf in picture no.2 come with the ensemble? If so, very nice outfit but doesn't change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both. And yes, the scarf came with the outfit!

    ReplyDelete