Total Pageviews

Monday 22 October 2012

Calling time on Time

I think when the dust settles on the US presidential election, I'll be calling time on Time Magazine.
Not that the relationship has been a disappointment - in fact, it has often been very rewarding - with good items about the US and from places as widespread as Mongolia, north Africa and Venezuela. And excellent writers, especially on politics and economics.

But in the past year I've noticed the magazine has a new art editor and it has become more and more difficult to read. Tiny type - looks like font size 5 or 6 at times, even when there's plenty of space available on the page. Headlines and sometimes even articles in pale blue, green or pink. Even worse, red or white type against a black background - how on earth do dyslexics cope with that?
The last straw was a first rate article two weeks ago describing how the two presidential candidates routinely misrepresent each other in print and on TV: even with a reading light behind me and the occasional help of a magnifying glass, this wasn't a comfortable read. And if I'm paying for the magazine, I want it to be what suits me!
So good luck to all at Time. I'll miss them - but not the layout!

Now if I can just get Virgin Media to dump the crap email layout they claim is forced on them by Google, my reading life will be just dandy!

1 comment:

  1. I already have 3 email accounts, but I like the storage system on Virgin and all my contact info is there. It's fine apart from the fact I can only see one third of the page once it's open because of all the ads at the top. That only happened quite recently and there's an online group arguing the case with Virgin.

    ReplyDelete