Total Pageviews

Friday 7 September 2012

Blog on, folks!

I noticed the Old Bag's Blog has had 1965 page views and decided to have a quick swatch at the stats for the first time. I have a few questions for my faithful viewers and lurkers:

Are Safari and Firefox gradually catching up with Internet Explorer (which is crap, btw) as search engines or do I just have very discerning viewers?

Do I really have 10 people in Russia viewing this - or is it the same person who has looked in 10 times? Maybe Vlad The Putin is onto me.....And who is the lone Norwegian viewer? I imagine him in his log cabin in the woods, sweating over a hot sauna (do they even have these in Norway?) and chortling away. Either that or he's lining me up for a part as a dead body in the next Scandinavian Noir series.....

Finally, I've read the blogger page about how to make money out of this. It involves 'targeted advertising'. I reckon we've all had a bellyful of that on Facebook. It seriously creeps me out when I post a FB message saying I've just bought knickers in M&S and immediately find an ad for Tena Ladies on the right hand side of the page.

I've no idea if 1965 views in 3 months is good, but I'm enjoying myself immensely and would still write my nonsense even if you were not there. But thank you anyway, guys and gals. for being there. I now know you a lot better from your comments and that's what it's all about, n'est-ce pas?

No comments:

Post a Comment