Total Pageviews

Thursday 30 August 2012

Is this a tin I see before me?

Scalded myself 3 times today opening various packets of food out of the microwave, despite observing the prescribed 2 minutes waiting time at each go.

A lot of modern packaging seems to be inherently unsafe.
Ring pull cans that trap your finger.
Plastic bags that refuse to be opened so you have to attack them with scissors - I'm a lefty - not good with scissors.
Detergent bottles that can only be opened by someone with a PhD in engineering.
And then there's my special pet hate: the greetings cards so securely wrapped in sellophane the only way to get to them is to cut them open with scissors, slicing off a wee bit of the card as you go.

Is it beyond the ability of scientists/engineers to design food packaging with a zip??? Even if it does cost - what? - a fraction of a penny more, it might save my blood supply in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment