Total Pageviews

Thursday 7 March 2013

Time for the jobby test!

I got my letter in today about the bowel screening test, which I like to think of as the jobby test. I've done this once before and having had a couple of scares and a couple of nasty bowel tests in my time, I'm happy to go on doing it, even if it is what one of my friends called 'gross'.

All I want to do here is to encourage everybody who refused to take part last time to join the rest of us this time - especially the guys. I know of 4 cases personally: two of the guys refused to do the test and were later found to have bowel cancer but it had spread to the prostate and their prognosis is not so good. Two others had the test, were found to have bowel cancer and have since had treatment and are fine.

So don't mess about, guys - just do it - if not for yourself, for your families.


No comments:

Post a Comment