Total Pageviews

Thursday 28 February 2013

Coincidence?

I was trying to watch the Hairy Bikers doing posh food - boy, their ceviche looks fantastic! - but kept being distracted by random thoughts from the TV news.

First of all, there's Lord Rennard. Love the name, by the way. Just when the LibDems look like staging a comeback after taking a stand with the Tories on a few issues and are fighting back at Eastleigh after the Geoff Huhn debacle, a dirty-old-man scandal raises its head, implicating not just Nick Clegg but the poster girl for LibDem equality, Jo Swinton, for doing nothing.

Then there's Cardinal O'Brien. He announces his retirement. Says he's in favour of priests being married and looks as if he's off to the conclave with a view to electing a modernising pope. 24 hours later he's gone, disgraced by a series of allegations - note, just allegations - nothing proved - of inappropriate behaviour made by other priests.

Coincidence? Maybe. As I'm sure someone once said: Once is a coincidence. Twice?

I'm not a LibDem or a Roman Catholic but I love a conspiracy. Prove to me I'm wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment