Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 December 2012

Sleep, little one, sleep!

Not a hope in hell where I live.

I think it's a fact well known to my pals and those who can be bothered to follow this blog that I don't sleep well. In fact, I'm awake now at 6.49am on 27 December. This isn't a major problem when you're retired like me. It was a much greater challenge when I was still working. And I know I have friends who suffer from insomia much worse then I do.

My big beef for the moment is that the bin men have just been.

What the f*ck is wrong with these people?

Are they on some sort of bonus: the earlier you go out, the more noise you make, the better East Ren pay you? Are they on a double shift? Get the bins emptied by 8am and we'll pay you double to do the recycling - and make twice the noise?

I don't need to tell you the noise is hellish - and will be repeated several times this week, because this morning was just the bottle bank being emptied - there's still the plastics, the paper and the food waste to go.

I'd go back to bed but there doesn't seem any point.


No comments:

Post a Comment