Total Pageviews

Monday 27 April 2015

Time to move

Last week, I had a visit from a representative of the agents who 'look after' this house for the owner. I didn't in fact know he was coming down from Aberdeen to inspect the premises, because despite getting a letter and an email from me the organisation has not noted my new email address.

Just as well I was here.

The representative and I talked a bit about the house: the rotten window frames that let in wind and dust; the electrics which were fine 30 years ago but really need to be replaced so you can use the washing machine and the dishwasher at the same time without blowing all the fuses; the worn-out carpets that I try to avoid using my Dyson on in case it sooks the carpets off the floor; the awful mint green bathroom that is well past its sell-by date. You get the picture.

Today I got a letter from the agents. Are they dealing with any of these issues, you may ask? Decide for yourself:


Never mind. Six weeks from now, I'll be away! 


No comments:

Post a Comment