Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 July 2013

Things

Things I can live without:

1 politicians - of all parties - just too much in our faces - thank gawd they've gone on holiday now.
2 apps - don't understand them and don't reckon I need them, having survived this long without understanding what they're about.
3 reality TV of any kind: talent shows, confessionals - anything with J Kyle or Louis Wotsisname - I don't want them dead, just off my screen so they don't influence people any more.
4 the Daily Mail - I refuse to believe anyone is reading this crap and believing it - only naming the Mail because I refuse to mention that other appalling tabloid.
5 BBC Scotland News - a national disgrace.
6 gadgets - I have counted the gadgets other people seem to need: android phone, laptop, desktop, tablet, iPad, iPad mini, MP3 - why do you need all that? That's all - just why?
7 mobile phones or rather people who can't go two minutes without consulting their mobile phones - I now judge my friends by whether they switch their phones off when they and I arrange to meet up - it's just RUDE not to.
8 Facebook scams - it won't help a sick child in any way if you 'like' their picture on FB, so don't do it and FFS don't pass it on.
9 pedestrians in Govan - you're welcome to step out in front of me if you really trust me not to run you down but person v 4-ton car - the odds are not in your favour.
10 thongs - really, do you need a string riding the crack in your erse? Especially when it's hot?


Things I'd prefer to keep:

1 books - the kindle is ok but the book is a joy.
2 telly - I love TV, especially now I have the technology to record the stuff I want to watch (The Returned, Starlings, Shaun the Sheep, Countdown) and miss out all the rest of the crap.
3 volunteering - some of the best moments of my life since I retired have been spent with colleagues and our clients.
4 Facebook - love it.
5 proper coffee - my day is made whenever I down a Whole Foods espresso.
6 Lovefilm - eight quid a month well spent.
7 our garden - yes, I am a bossy cow and yes, I more or less bullied my neighbours into upgrading our garden but now it's done it's looking wonderful and we have made some great friends thanks to it.
8 friends and family - do I need to explain?
9 homemade soup - again, do I need to say more.
10 my bidet - it's only in a heatwave you discover the cooling joy of the bidet - and it's not my feet I'm cooling.

Feel free to add to both my lists!

No comments:

Post a Comment